|I am interested in
an on-going series of assignments that I take on inside one company,
preferably Internet-centric OR, web design, computer implementation,
or software training projects to which I could contribute value.
My keenest interest lies in promoting image-based commerce embedded
/ integrated into a contextual experience on the Internet, not
pure 'shopping'. My goal is to use my skills toward promoting
this type of e-commerce. Why? Because buying at point of interest
is the most effective.
- A highly valued employee engrossed in the Hi-Tech
/ Computer software industry since 1988.
- Website Designer, HTML and Content Developer (1.75
- Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst with ability to
test, analyze, and troubleshoot software (4 years).
- Software Trainer / Training Analyst / Implementation
Specialist with vast experience teaching, applying, supporting
and troubleshooting computer applications with and for users,
on-site or at home office (6 years).
- Experienced and effective Recruiter and Field
Sales Agent with a 70% closing ratio (3+ years).
- B.A. in Economics and International Commerce (Honours)
College, Kalamazoo, MI, USA.
- Highly experienced in implementing advanced computer
skills, in the office and at customer sites.
- Experienced in Quality Assurance (QA) analysis
in the development environment and at customer sites.
- Out-standing ability at in-depth analysis of computer
projects, as well as in scrutiny of output.
- Well-known for precision in targeting goals, recognizing
interim steps, and accomplishing objectives.
- Strong team player while being a self-reliant
and self-motivated worker.
- Successful in the art of persuasion and building
very strong customer and team relations.
- Remarkable ability to inspire faith and confidence
from colleagues and clients alike.
- Successful small business owner for 5 years responsible
for financial records, advertising, sales, and customer service.
- Testing: Active-X controls Netscape
- Comparing Browsers (all versions): Netscape
Internet Explorer AOL WebTV NeoPlanet
- Comparing & Manipulating Screen Capture
Programs (all versions): on Windows and on the Mac
| My Favorites:
|| Operating Systems:
- stylesheets (css)
- image maps
- animated gifs
- image editors
- HTML editors
- Windows Commander
- MS Office 2000 Premium
- MS Publisher
- Xara Webstyle
- Maintaining Intranets on MS IIS Web Server
- Win NT Server
- Win NT Workstation
- Win '95
- Win '98
- Windows 2000
- Mac OS-8.6
- Mac OS-9
- Mac OS-X
- MS Word (Hebrew & English)
- Paint Shop Pro
- Corel Draw
- 1st Page
- Quark X-Press
- Win' Commander
- MS Outlook
- Lotus Notes
- Project Mgr
- Older Programs
- Hebrew Typing
- Win NT
- Win 2000
- Linux (Apache)
|Professional Work Experience
"Energy without expertise is of limited
---SCOTT KIRSNER, FAST COMPANY MAGAZINE
| Quality Assurance (QA)
Engineer, Website Designer and Web Software Tester
March 1, 1999 - March 2001
Content from Alchemedia
Offices in San Francisco, Texas and Israel
300 De Haro Street, Suite 334
San Francisco, CA 94103 USA
I am currently employed by an exceptional group of people at
Alchemedia in Israel. The name 'Alchemedia' comes from
alchemy + media. Yes, as alchemy is the business of taking a base
metal and turning it into gold, Alchemedia is helping its clients
in the arena of image commercialization.
It is currently my job to test the innumerable aspects of our
software---release after release---on the myriad of environments
detailed below. One of our websites, CleverContent.com,
is similar to a marriage broker between image creators and image
customers. For more specifics, click
here. Clever Content from Alchemedia primarily prevents image
capture while mimicking the ordinary web-surfing experience.
We have a solution to a very large problem: image theft on the
internet and the unprofitability of e-commerce. There are now
more than 2.5 million CleverContent Viewers installed, people
using our viewer today. There has been over 100 million CleverContent
images served this year, translating into over 1.5 trillion bytes
protected by CleverContent 24-hours every day.
CleverContent from Alchemedia protects images on the web from
unauthorized use or abuse. Take Terraserver.com. Without our protection
Images at Terraserver.com does not have a business model.
- A sampling of our clients using CleverContent
to ‘do business’:
As a quality assurance engineer and in-house website developer
I am kept quite busy:
- Designing HTML pages, websites (as test cases)
and department informational pages for company intranet.
- Testing, and critically evaluating Active-X
controls (IE) and Netscape plugins on the following platforms:
Solaris, Windows NT, Windows 2000.
- Using these Web Servers and technologies: IIS,
NES, Apache, Akamai-zed Network Support.
- On these Operating Systems: Windows '95, Windows
'98, Windows 2000, Win NT, Mac OS-8.6, Mac OS-9, Mac OS-10.
- Testing and evaluating our software's performance
- a transparent surfing experience on all browsers
- transparent on dynamic as well as static websites
- URL cloaking
- capture program cloaking
- web server filtering & optimization &
- patented PixSafeTM
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst and On-site Project Testing Administrator
June 2, 1996 - December 1998
Medical, Jerusalem, Israel
Pathways 2000, Smart
Medical Record (SMR)
Development Leader: Gil
QA Manager: Joshua
(my Hebrew name: Miriam-Ruth Navon)
- Tested, and critically evaluated complex, computerized
patient medical record software for defects.
- Managed software program upgrade and implementation
at U.S. pilot sites which included:
- testing for data integrity
- analytical evaluation of upgraded versions
for functionality and performance
- training of system administrators and medical
- accurate and thorough documentation of defects
for reporting purposes
- Evaluated design requirements & functional design
documents; derived test plans from them.
- Developed different styles of test plans for
- Edited QA department summaries, articles and
'user information' publications.
- Designed and produced a multitude of desktop
publishing ancillary projects.
Medical Software Trainer
Computer Implementation Specialist in Client Software Support
July 1988 - November 1993
Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
San Diego, California
McLean, Virginia (Washington, DC)
Medical Information Systems Dept.
Deployment, Training & Implementation Group
Senior Manager: Diana Bracey
Team Manager: Pamela
(my maiden name: Mary Frances Nolan)
- Software Trainer for the Composite Health Care
System (CHCS), specializing in radiology, laboratory, and pharmacy
- Software Implementation Expert & Lead Trainer
providing on-site user support.
- Senior Trainer who trained SAIC trainers as
well as U.S. Department of Defense trainers.
- Training Analyst on medical facility survey
- Documentation Developer for the U.S. Department
of Defense and for client users on-site.
- Tester of new software, version upgrades, user
examinations and teaching materials.
- Received company award and $500 for outstanding
accomplishments as an Implementation Specialist & Trainer.
Human Resources Sales Account Manager
Personnel Recruiter & Interviewer
May 1987 - July 1988
|Personnel Agencies, Inc (PAI)
Washington, DC USA
- Prospected individual, corporate and retail
accounts through telemarketing, meetings, & professional
- Managed the interviewing process: interviewed
& screened applicants looking for professional employment.
- Arbitrated between our clients---company department
managers---and job applicants.
- Negotiated job offers, salaries and benefits.
- Introduced in-house interviewing workshops for
- Mentored professional, experienced job-seekers
as well as recent university graduates.
- Earned numerous Recognition & Monetary Awards
for Top Sales Performance.
"If you can engage people
by expressing who you are,
then they'll be excited to work with you."
---BARBARA MOSES, CAREER COUNSELOR, BBM
HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTANTS, INC.
"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know
a subject ourselves, or
we know where we can find information on it." ---SAMUEL
- Certificate, Sept. 2000 -- Interactive Website
Design 3-mos Course -- EDUCOM Jerusalem, Israel ( http://www.educom.co.il
- Certificate, 1997 -- QA in Software Testing
Course (in Hebrew): Purpose & Methodology of Testing
- Certificate, 1997 -- Establishing & Managing
a Small Business Course (in Hebrew) -- Jerusalem College
- Certificate, 1996 -- Advanced Hebrew Language
Course (in Hebrew) -- Beit HaNoar Center, Jerusalem
- Certificate, 1995 -- Computer Software Applications
6-mos Course (in Hebrew) -- Jerusalem College of Management
- Certificates, 1990-91 -- Computer Software
Courses (Macintosh & PCs), Computer Training Center,
- Certificate, 1989-90 -- Total Quality Management
(TQM) Training, Science Applications International Corp,
- Certificate, 1986 -- Travel Industry Training
-- Southeastern Travel Academy, Orlando, FL
- Certificate, 1984 -- Professional Sales Training
International Sales Training Institute, Chicago
- B.A. in Economics and International Commerce
(Honours) -- Kalamazoo
College, Kalamazoo, Michigan USA
| CHARACTER / WORK RECOMMENDATION
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
|MY HOBBIES: essential
oils, aromatherapy, trees, refinishing furniture, studying Hebrew/Bible,
horseback riding, ballet, thanking G-d through movement and dance.